Friday, June 10, 2011

The BarBell BQ

The last few weeks have been busy and I haven't really had time to do a proper post about the BarBell BQ.

I wanted to host a friendly strength competition at my house, and so my fellow gym members and I all agreed to a deadlift contest. I decided in setting up the rules to make it Bodyweight/Best Deadlift and the winner would be determined by ratio so we could all be in the same class. Well, when all was said and done we had about a dozen competitors, a pile of food, and a great time.

I broke my personal best in the Deadlift by 40lbs. and cracked the 600lb. barrier. I narrowly missed 625 on a special 4th attempt. Right before that attempt my sweet little girl yells "you can do it daddy!"... Friends, I've never flipped the switch like I did then. The 625lbs. made it to my knees faster than the 605, but I just didn't have the juice to lock it out. I don't suppose I'll ever forget that moment. It's good to be someone's big strong daddy.
Anyway, enjoy a couple of videos, and click here to be taken to my Facebook photo album.








No comments: